The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website:
See more
See less

Aorus Gigabeast Build

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aorus Gigabeast Build

Finally got the build going and it is turning out really well so far. I still have more planned for this build such as adding a second Aorus gtx 1080 extreme card for SLI. Here is what I have so far. I will come back to this topic and update with pictures soon!
    Corsair Graphite 780T case (black/red led fans, going to change those)
    EVGA Supernova 850W semin modular power supply
    Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 7 motherboard
    Intel Core i7-7700K
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo (plan to go with a watered cooled solution in the future)
    Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB 3200mhz (going to take it to 32gb)
    Aorus GTX 1080 Extreme Edition (plan to add a second for SLI)
    Toshiba OCZ TR150 480GB SSD (plan to upgrade to something faster)
    Seagate 2TB HDD

Update on the hyper 212 evo I went a head a replaced it with the corsair H90 as the idle temps were to high for my liking. Upon doing so the corsair was doing a better job but it to wasn't preforming as well as I felt it should. I have narrowed the problem down to being the Aorus Graphics Engine program as it keeps the cpu under load and at max frequency even while at idle. Ending that program allowed idle clock speed and temps to go back to normal. If I get time I may reinstall the 212 evo just to compare.

Attached Files
    Last edited by DivineWrath; 03-11-2017, 06:39 PM.

Can't wait for your monster build!
    BTW, I will be moving your post to the motherboard section.

More pics of the build, still need to work on hiding the external cables (monitor, keyboard, etc...). If you look in the two green lit pics you'll notice different placement of the radiator. With the radiator right above the cpu and one with the radiator offset and above the ram. What you can't see is a fan pulling air in straight down on top of the north bridge, as to how effective this is with the exhaust fan right there I'm not really sure but I did notice drops in average temp on the north bridge with it set up this way as opposed to the rad directly above the cpu. Still have some issues with the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE program wanting to use a lot of my cpu and causing cpu idle temp to be between 47-50C and it keeps the cpu idle clock at 4500mhz. When I stop the AGE program my idle cpu clock goes to like 800mhz and idle temp of between 26-30C.