Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

15GB "Recovery Image" after upgrading to windows 10. Do I need this partition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15GB "Recovery Image" after upgrading to windows 10. Do I need this partition?

So after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, there's this "Recovery Image" taking up 15GB of my SSD (highlighted in disk management screenshot). It is a "primary partition".
    **Note that I am still within the 30 day period that I am able to go back to windows 8.1 from the Windows 10 settings.

I tried to see if this was a system image that I can recover to by booting into the recovery environment > System image restore. However, no system images were found on any of my drives. Afterwards, I decided to assign a letter to the "recovery image" partition to see what exactly was inside it and I am still unsure of what it is. (screenshot of files within "Recovery Image" drive E)

Does anybody know what this partition is for? I do plan to be able to reset to windows 8.1, so I am unsure if I should delete this "recovery image".
    Last edited by KenL222; 02-06-2016, 06:35 PM.
Working...
X