Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

Aorus x5 v7 not turning ON after unpacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aorus x5 v7 not turning ON after unpacking

So I bought my x5v7 for the second time now....
    First time was from Newegg, which was a costumer service nightmare since I am not a US citizen,
    and the second time from Amazon, which is definitely an upgrade in the service department.

But I didn't come here to complain about costumer service. I bought this machine twice, and twice when I first boot up the computer (after being plugged in for over 6 hours and t he battery shows full charge), the computer just won't boot up at all!!!!

The logo is lit up, the power button is also lit up and indicates the computer is on but it never goes to windows instillation screen.
    It is the second time I buy this laptop from 2 different distributors and the same problems happens.

Am I just unlucky or there is some weird shit I need to do to make this laptop boot up for the first time.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I try a replacement?
    If the next time it wont work I am done with Gigabyte or Aorus forever... Which is a shame, cause on paper this laptop is everything I ever wanted, but I just not working...

I just pulled a new x5v7 out of the box today and had the same thing happen. Power/drive lights on but no boot. After 3-4 times holding the power button down for like 10 seconds to force a shutdown/reboot it finally started up and went into initial Windows setup. It seems fine now through numerous shutdowns/restarts. We'll see how it goes.

​​​​​​​Not sure how much help that is but you're not alone...

Comment

Also it took me 10 times apparently getting the wrong combination of spaces and capitalization before I found the "Random Question" answers in another thread just so I could post a reply. So I'm posting them here again for future reference. Not "Joy" not "China Joy" not "chinajoy" not "1070" not "GTX1070" not "nvidia GTX 1070"

oh my gosh so frustrating.

'ChinaJoy' and 'GTX 1070'

Comment

I posted about having this problem with a year old laptop 2 weeks ago. I've still not heard from Aorus about my request for a refund (the last post from Aorus mkt was 3 weeks ago). In the time since posting my thread I've seen at least 3-4 more people post about having the same problem as us. Weird that they've happened that close to each other but that really doesn't help my confidence in Aorus.

Comment

Originally posted by austinpike View Post
          I just pulled a new x5v7 out of the box today and had the same thing happen. Power/drive lights on but no boot. After 3-4 times holding the power button down for like 10 seconds to force a shutdown/reboot it finally started up and went into initial Windows setup. It seems fine now through numerous shutdowns/restarts. We'll see how it goes.

Not sure how much help that is but you're not alone...
          Does it now turn on fine after being shutdown?
          I will try do it several time as you said...
          Amazon suggested to give me a new one and I'm wondering whether or not I should try a third one, but it seems like a wider issue with their batch of x5 laptops.

such a shame cause this one answer all my need on paper..
          wish we would get some kind of response from aorus that they are aware to this issue and fixing it.

they are very close to lose me as a client forever.

thank you for your answer and solidarity anyway.
          can you write a shirt update after a while if it works ok?
          ​​​​​​​I have 30 days to return mine and get my money back

Comment

x7 dt v7 with massive issues as well, better not take weeks to resolve.... and the Random Questions are ludicrous, AND INFURIATING and not stopping the spam (it loks like 20ish posts from 3 different spambots today alone so far). the Mobile experience of this is unusable as well. Gahhhhhh get @ me Aorus I will fix all these issues for you myself. I will plug in your SSDs and run Quality Checks on systems to ensure devices dont go randomly disconnected or unrecognized. I can build your entire showcase of products and your landing page so it doesnt have an annoying loading page that fails to move on sometimes. I will fix your forum issues concerning spam and moderation. I will optimize your sites and forum for mobile. I will setup a CHAT NOW functionality for your simple support cases to get your ticket times down.

Comment

Originally posted by noysh View Post
              Does it now turn on fine after being shutdown? I will try do it several time as you said.... can you write a shirt update after a while if it works ok?
              ​​​​
              Ours is still working OK; had I not seen your post I wouldn't have thought much about it - it was kind of an odd thing but not a show-stopper. We have bought several x5v6 for work and I've been really happy with them - this is the second x5v7 (The first one has been working fine.)

Have you gotten yours to boot yet at all? I think for gaming laptops they really have the best combination of size and features, so it would be a shame to give up on them. But if I were in your situation I'm not sure I would have the patience to sit through 3 replacements either.

Comment

Working...
              X