Announcement

Collapse

construction

The AORUS forum is currently under construction.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center.
See more
See less

Self Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Upgrade

Hello, I have an X7 DT. I'd like to swap out the 1TB HDD for a 1TB sata SSD. Would this void the warranty. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes and no. Once you break the sticker, the warranty is not fully void, but if you have your unit sent for an RMA, the service team will take the broken seal as a consideration.
    The best way is to take it back to your point of purchase/reseller and have them do the upgrade for you.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AORUS-MKT View Post
      Hi,

Yes and no. Once you break the sticker, the warranty is not fully void, but if you have your unit sent for an RMA, the service team will take the broken seal as a consideration.
      The best way is to take it back to your point of purchase/reseller and have them do the upgrade for you.

Thanks!
      I purchased it online off of newegg. What now?

Comment

Hi,

Hello there. After checking with the team, they suggested 2 options.
        You can change the HDD yourself but do consider my previous guide and also the compatibility of your new HDD.
        Second option is to send your new HDD with your laptop to the nearest service center, which they will swap it for you at a service cost (please call them for more information).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X