Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

Aorus X7 V6 DT losing power even plugged in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aorus X7 V6 DT losing power even plugged in

So I'm at full battery, the laptop is plugged in, I start playing GTA V, and hours later the laptop turns itself off on its own. I turn the laptop back on and it says battery at 10% instead of 100%. My guesses are either hardware issues (battery issues, wiring issues) or the laptop charger isn't powerful enough to charge an X7 V6 DT under load.

I'm having the same problem. When playing games that have higher GPU load, my battery drains even when the power supply is plugged in. Given that the laptop comes with a 230W power brick, this doesn't seem sufficient to power the GPU. Are there any options for a larger power brick or for an adapter that lets 2 power bricks be merged together?

Comment

Hi there.

I have sent the issue to the AORUS team for testing.
      Please stay tuned!

Cheers.

Comment

Can you guys provide more information? such as all the driver versions and what games/programs results in such an issue.
        Thanks!

Comment

• Ares
          Ares commented
          Editing a comment
          All drivers were up to date as of making the post. The game was GTA V (but also happens in other things like Overwatch and anything that is heavy on the GPU usage) running at 1440p @ high settings. I played for about 7-8 hours non stop before the computer restarted itself. Side note, charger has stopped charging, stuck at 96% battery and displays "plugged in, not charging". I have emailed synnex tech support, waiting for a response. I think you guys should make a more powerful adapter, like maybe 250W rather than 230W (Razer is using it for their blade pro and it seems to work).
          Last edited by Ares; 01-06-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: just added more specific detail

I ordered this laptop (X7 DT V6) not long ago and still waiting for it to arrive. Having read this, I am REALLY REALLY worried. As a gamer that plays alot and uses a PC rather frequently and long sessions, this is an instant regret. Ofcourse I really hope it is only for "some of the laptops". But I will be testing it as soon as I get it. And Aorus, please keep us updated on this matter, I will be following and holding thumbs at the same time!

Comment

I have a X7 DT V6 and experiencing the same problem. When playing any game under load for about 20 to 30 minutes the battery indicator lights up and starts charging the battery. For some reason the battery is getting drained while under load. I hope Aorus can sort this out with a bois update or something.

Comment

Hi,

Just a quick update that the AORUS team is looking into the problem. Feel free to PM the MKT inbox if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello there has there been any progress in solving this issue ?

Comment

Hi,

We have a BIOS that's near complete. I would say by this Friday I can send it to you guys.

Thanks and apologies for the wait.

Comment

Is there any further update on this? My laptop is now really struggling with this problem, battery draining while under load, reaching power limit, and now shutting down after every few hours of gaming. I was thinking about ordering a Delta ADP-330w power supply to see if that would sort the issue, but am holding off at the moment...

Comment

Hi,

The Forum does not allow me to post files.
                    Please send me your personal email address to the MKT inbox and I will send you the BIOS file directly(or upload it to a hosting site).

Thanks!

Comment

Good day AORUS-MKT I sent you a personal message, within the forum, asking for copy of the BIOS file to be sent to my email address to solve this issue about battery drain. Could you please send me a copy of BIOS file?

Comment

Hi,

I have sent out the BIOS EXE.
                        Please PM me your email if are in need of one.

Thanks!

Comment

• Xathanael
                          Xathanael commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I sent you a PM

I have the same problem. I installed the newest version of the BIOS through the Aorus Drivers installer.
                        Does not help.
                        Turning off applications help but for me it looks like 230W for a power supply is really pushing it.

You guys should have went for 300W

Comment

Same problem here. Got my notebook less than a week. In demanding games battery starts draining and the CPU clock stars dropping - not due to emps but due to lack of power. Thinking about returning the whole thing.

Best regards

phila

P.S.: Give us a 330W PSU!

P.P.S.: Might also be its is an XTU issue. When I disable XTU and use Throttlestop to get to the same amount of OC I do not have the same issue...
                          Last edited by phila_delphia; 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X