Auto scroll keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto scroll keyboard

Just got my X7 DT V6, happy with the performance. There does seem to be a problem where the computer decides to scroll down on its own at random times. It also likes to scroll whatever can be scrolled. No idea how to fix.

Scenario 1: watching a youtube video, suddenly volume drops, and continues to drop until muted. To fix i must click somewhere outside the video window.

Scenario 2: browsing the web, suddenly scrolls down to the bottom, not instantaneous but as if it was moving the scroll bar down. To fix i must press page up.

Scenario 3: playing a game, hit escape to see the menu, starts to scroll down continuously, somehow also prevents me from hitting escape again to exit the menu, *dies*

All these things happen randomly but can also be triggered if I press the down arrow key.

I have the same problem
    "Scenario 2: browsing the web, suddenly scrolls down to the bottom, not instantaneous but as if it was moving the scroll bar down. To fix i must press page up."

.............. any solution ? !!!

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpalerm View Post
      I have the same problem
      "Scenario 2: browsing the web, suddenly scrolls down to the bottom, not instantaneous but as if it was moving the scroll bar down. To fix i must press page up."

.............. any solution ? !!!

Thank you!!!
      As far as I can tell it's a hardware related issue (I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers but that didn't help). Probably something wrong with the connection. I've kinda fixed the issue by binding the down arrow to "scroll lock" (it's a fairly useless key for modern computers) and just use the numpad; however, some applications won't allow you to scroll via the numpad so alternatively, you could get a separate keyboard (something with a very flat bottom panel like a Logitech or Corsair keyboard), place it over the actual keyboard and just use that instead. Not ideal but unless you're willing to part ways with your laptop for a couple of weeks you could send it in for repair.

Comment

Having you tried clicking the scroll lock? it is a key printed as scr lk. I am not sure whether this would help but I understand that scroll lock is something to do with scrolling.
        Last edited by Xancar33; 04-06-2017, 10:33 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
        X