Power Cord Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cord Problems

The power plug on my X-5 will NOT stay in my laptop. Every time it pops out, everything I'm doing stalls/freezes for a moment, which is atrocious when gaming. I've resorted to tying it to my laptop with elastic. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I wouldn't mind the popping out problem if it didn't also mess with whatever I was doing at the time.

Hi drethelin,
    If you happen to have an adapter that also fits the X5, give it a try and see which end of the connector is causing the problem.
    (or borrow one from a service center if convenient)

AORUS Gaming

Comment

I KNOW which end is causing the problem. It's the one that goes into my laptop. It falls out at the slightest jostle. The other end stays plugged into the power brick just fine, and the power brick stays plugged into the wall just fine.

Comment

• AORUS-MKT
        AORUS-MKT commented
        Editing a comment
        my bad... I wasn't being clear enough...
        see Svnyster's explanation below ↓

Originally posted by drethelin View Post
      I KNOW which end is causing the problem. It's the one that goes into my laptop. It falls out at the slightest jostle. The other end stays plugged into the power brick just fine, and the power brick stays plugged into the wall just fine.
      I could be wrong, but I think what AORUS-MKT meant was if you had an additional adapter that would fit in your X5, try it to see if it detaches from your X5 in the same way. If so, then the female connector on the X5 would probably need to be replaced to fix it. If another adapter has a snug connection that doesn't come loose, then replacing the AC adapter would solve the problem.

Comment

• AORUS-MKT
        AORUS-MKT commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man!

Okay beyond the poor wifi issue, i am also suffering from this ailment, power plug keeps unplugging itself from the laptop every few minutes, and it's absolutely painful when gaming.

pfffff, wish one would have read about these issues prior to buying this rather very expensive laptop.

Comment

Hi Ovid,

Will you be able to send your unit in for an RMA?

Comment

Originally posted by AORUS-MKT View Post
          Hi Ovid,

Will you be able to send your unit in for an RMA?
          sending the unit for RMA, that would very difficult for various reasons, namely i'd have to ship to aorus and god knows how long that process will take, and this being my only laptop makes it very difficult to do, wish you'd provide alternative solution than RMA, it is also a reoccurring issue with other Aorus X5 v6 owners?

Comment

Hi Ovid,

Can you please provide me with a bit more info(Unit's serial number and location to MKT inbox)? I have asked the team, they have not received any similar cases, also, they would like to know which area you are located and see what alternatives they can offer.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aorus-mkt View Post
              hi ovid,

can you please provide me with a bit more info(unit's serial number and location to mkt inbox)? I have asked the team, they have not received any similar cases, also, they would like to know which area you are located and see what alternatives they can offer.

Cheers!
              gggbc2311a0065

Comment

• AORUS-MKT
                AORUS-MKT commented
                Editing a comment
                where (country or reseller) did you purchased your unit?

drethelin,
              I have the exact same issue with my X5 Aorus Laptap. I noticed it shortly after purchasing it through NEW EGG. I am always very careful with this Laptap so I know it was due to carelessness. I have been searching the internet for help/troubleshooting & this was the only topic discussion I could find. I have already did an RMA on this Laptap, but it was for a separate issue. ( My motherboard seized & I could not reboot ) The only main difference is when my power cord comes out, I dont have any freeze issue while gaming or anything. It strictly is just an annoying thing to happen all the time. Have you had any luck fixing the issue?

Comment

Hey Leadbender,

The last post from drethelin was over a year ago, so I'm not sure if he or she is still around the forums or not, but I'll try to help you as best as I can.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the cause of the power connector coming loose could be caused by the power adapter or the laptop. So without sending your X5 and the power brick in for repair/replacement, I would recommend trying another power adapter to see if a different adapter has a tighter connection or not.

Personally, I have been using Razer's 165W adapters (meant for the Razer Blade) for travel purposes, and have had no issues with them. The only issue with that adapter is the X5 could potentially require more power under heavier loads or overclocking, and may experience throttled performance. According to notebookcheck.net, the average power consumption under load for the X5 v6 is 167W, but peaked at over 200W. I also have other 150-180W power adapters in various places (home, office, etc.), and some of them have had issues with the connection coming loose, but they are also loose on other laptops I have used them with. So that's something to keep in mind when trying other adapters as well.

If you don't have another adapter to test with, you could try taking your X5 to a local computer store and see if they would let you test the connection of other power adapters they might have or be using on display units. Not all adapters will fit, but 150-200W adapters (except for Dell laptops) commonly use the same connector. So if the store has something like a Razer Blade, ASUS ROG G501, MSI GS63VR/GS73VR, or similar gaming laptops, the adapter should fit.

Comment

Working...
                X