Announcement

Collapse

construction

The AORUS forum is currently under construction.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center.
See more
See less

North America

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjs316 -- Its for a work machine. the X7 V6 is my personal machine. The attraction was the panel (2560x1440@120) and thickness of the machine. I hate 4k because windows is so bad at it.

I wind up using the machine for live demos at studios and game conventions, so weight and bulk is certainly a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruhi View Post
      guyz i bought asus rog g701vik with 64gb ram. and believe me it's a monster. Price / performans value top of the line. Bit heavy but build materials are best.
      ruhi You are in the North American forum talking about getting a laptop that isn't available in the US (with 4K As of now). We aren't in Macedonia...
      Last edited by jjs316; 07-24-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• ruhi
        ruhi commented
        Editing a comment
        i ordered first from newegg.. then concidentially found that asus model. If i found in macedonia you can easily find in america in few days. Asus just released that model but they will surely release in america and other countries. besides aorus, asus can release laptops believe me!

• Originally posted by obwando View Post
      jjs316 -- Its for a work machine. the X7 V6 is my personal machine. The attraction was the panel (2560x1440@120) and thickness of the machine. I hate 4k because windows is so bad at it.

I wind up using the machine for live demos at studios and game conventions, so weight and bulk is certainly a factor.
      obwando Ahhh. Gotcha. I wasn't planning on using the Laptop monitor too much (if ever) for gaming. I will have it hooked to a 27", 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz monitor when gaming. I was just going to use the Laptop screen as a second monitor, so was going to opt for the 4K screen. Seems like the scaling got a little better with the Windows 10 Creator update.

The Alienware 17 R4 seems like a decent competitor. A little heavier, but I just need semi-portable because I will travel with it a time or two per year.
      Last edited by jjs316; 07-24-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Newegg now has the 3K models of the X7 DT V7 in stock as of 7/26 if anyone was wanting to get that model. The 4K models still display an availability date of 8/4/2017.
        Last edited by jjs316; 07-26-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X