Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derek712, I have been refreshing looking for that pre-order to appear on either the x5 v7 or the x5 MD. NOTHING...

Comment

Originally posted by Derek712 View Post

Crap, that means the x7 might be even later then. My limit is till the end of the month and then I have to pull the trigger on at least something. I wish there was at least a preorder somewhere, for piece of mind...
      I doubt if there will be any pre-order available... At least not from Aorus themselve. And I would guess the x7 might be available later in early July to mid July

Comment

Originally posted by ophdian View Post
        Derek712, I have been refreshing looking for that pre-order to appear on either the x5 v7 or the x5 MD. NOTHING...
        Yup.. the Zephyrus is definitely going to be on the top of my choice now.. Gigabyte is probably having so many issues that they can't release something that they introduced in January 2017. And here Asus introducing something in the beginning of the month and already have a countdown by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by jessdmppl View Post

Yup.. the Zephyrus is definitely going to be on the top of my choice now.. Gigabyte is probably having so many issues that they can't release something that they introduced in January 2017. And here Asus introducing something in the beginning of the month and already have a countdown by the end of the month.
          ​​​
          Well if it wasn't for Nvidia requesting silence, Asus probably would have announced that at CES as well. I've seen plenty of Asus products announced a year before they launch, and a couple that end up being vaporware(gx500 for example). Truth is, if a major issue is found, they don't launch. We can only assume something went wrong with the v7s.

Frankly, I wish AW delayed with the 17r4 so I didn't waste a couple months dealing with overheating machines. Those things are a mixed bag.

I like the Zephyrus though. Certainly looks cool. That track pad looks awful and might make productivity use a bit challenging (especially for lefties). I think Acer's is just as impractical.

Where Aorus is going to stand out is with the overclock headroom. Thin laptops with overclocked CPUs don't do to well (looking at you RBP!). Between that and having a normal trackpad will probably sway people away from the Zephyrus and Triton.

BTW, I read on overclockers uk, one of the reps said the x7s should launch there next week. Hopefully the US is on a similar schedule.

Comment

That Zephyrus is looking fabulous, but I have huge concern. The main concern is that the "extra" needed cooling happens WHEN the lid is open. Most of the time, my laptop is always "docked", usually with the lid closed, hooked up to 2 external monitors, keyboard and mouse. So if I am really gaming, doing something intensive, I am forced to have the screen open in order for the rear panel to open. I am not worried about the mouse as 95% of the time, I am using an external mouse. Even when I am traveling, I usually use a wireless mouse.

My current order of preferences is: Aorus x5 MD, Zephyrus, Aorus x5V7, and Triton. (The mouse pad above the keyboard gives me some pause).

Comment

In regards to the Aorus x5 (MD or x7) that I would like to know...
              • Both
                • Adobe RGB coverage. 72, 90, 100%? I know it is Pantone calibrated but it does show the actual covered spectrum
                • NTSC color coverage... 72%, 80%?
                • Available Screen Refresh Rates? 5ms, 3ms, 120hz... anything?
                • WebCam Specs
                • Expected battery life?
                • PCIe M.3 Storage sizes available? Also who makes those drives?
              • x5 MD
                • Since the Max Q GTX 1080s have been throttled down by default. Can we push them back up using the Aorus Control Panel. In other words restore to their default clocks.
                • Does it include Intel PTT or TPM like the x5v7
              • x5v7
                • The 4K panel, is it the same panel as in the x5
              These are the quick questions that I have. Perhaps other people can add to the list?

Comment

In regards to the Aorus x5 (MD or x7) that I would like to know...
                • Both
                  • Adobe RGB coverage. 72, 90, 100%? I know it is Pantone calibrated but it does show the actual covered spectrum
                  • NTSC color coverage... 72%, 80%?
                  • Available Screen Refresh Rates? 5ms, 3ms, 120hz... anything?
                  • WebCam Specs
                  • Expected battery life?
                  • PCIe M.3 Storage sizes available? Also who makes those drives?
                • x5 MD
                  • Since the Max Q GTX 1080s have been throttled down by default. Can we push them back up using the Aorus Control Panel. In other words restore to their default clocks.
                  • Does it include Intel PTT or TPM like the x5v7
                • x5v7
                  • The 4K panel, is it the same panel as in the x5
                These are the quick questions that I have. Perhaps other people can add to the list?
                I'm pretty sure it's not full gamut or else they would have advertised it like they did with the x7. It's likely near 100/68/74 sRGB/NTSC/aRGB give or take a couple percent. Almost certainly 60Hz since I have yet to hear of a 120Hz 4k panel. Likely IPS as well for the same reason, which means 20-25ms response time.

As for the MD model, they'll likely have the TDP lowered like it was on the RBP. So you'll be able to push the clocks but it'll probably have a limited effect and won't reach the potential of what the 1080 in the x7 can do. The power brick is only 200W so this is definitely going to be limited in power, unless it's a typo. x7 DT power brick is 250W.

Edit: PTT and TPM is listed on their spec page for both models.

Comment

Originally posted by Svnyster View Post
                  Before placing an order with AGear, I would call to verify the stock availability.
                  I sent them a copy of the address on my CC statement and it'll take them 2-3 business days to verify and another 2-3 business to ship UPS.
                  Did they ever ship or did you cancel the order? Two weeks later there is still no one else w/stock....

Comment

Originally posted by austinpike View Post
                    Did they ever ship or did you cancel the order? Two weeks later there is still no one else w/stock....
                    I don't think anything is going to have stock until later on this month. Everything I have seen and or read, says end of June. I know Aorus is saying mid June, but everything is saying end of June.

Comment

Originally posted by austinpike View Post
                      I ended up cancelling my order. They were saying that they have it in stock but sales guy that I was speaking with that they have to QA their inventory to make sure it's not DOA. They were saying that it'll take them 2 weeks to test before they can ship it.

Comment

I don't think anything is going to have stock until later on this month. Everything I have seen and or read, says end of June. I know Aorus is saying mid June, but everything is saying end of June.
                        They were saying 3rd week of May also.. but we know what happened on that.

Comment

I ended up cancelling my order. They were saying that they have it in stock but sales guy that I was speaking with that they have to QA their inventory to make sure it's not DOA. They were saying that it'll take them 2 weeks to test before they can ship it.
                          Seriously? What store is that? I would rather not buy from a store that opens my stuff before I buy it...

Comment

Seriously? What store is that? I would rather not buy from a store that opens my stuff before I buy it...
                            I know Agearnotebooks was telling me the that. Called them a couple times and each time they told me they had them in stock but declined to tell me how long it would take to get it to me. Called them again about 2 weeks ago and they told me "Aorus is known for issues in their laptops, and that we need to take at least 2 weeks to test out the issues on the laptops in stock."

Comment

Originally posted by Ruchid View Post

I know Agearnotebooks was telling me the that. Called them a couple times and each time they told me they had them in stock but declined to tell me how long it would take to get it to me. Called them again about 2 weeks ago and they told me "Aorus is known for issues in their laptops, and that we need to take at least 2 weeks to test out the issues on the laptops in stock."
                              I don't see how they can be the only ones in the world currently stocking the x5v7. More likely they are trying to get the early adopter order by saying they are in stock when they really aren't, and are just giving a lame excuse not to ship them. I bet if they ended up getting a measly two orders from that tactic, that's two more orders than they would have had.

Comment

I don't see how they can be the only ones in the world currently stocking the x5v7. More likely they are trying to get the early adopter order by saying they are in stock when they really aren't, and are just giving a lame excuse not to ship them. I bet if they ended up getting a measly two orders from that tactic, that's two more orders than they would have had.
                                It was Agear. At first, after I ordered, I wanted to speak to someone but no one was answering their phone or replying to my email. I finally sent them an email saying that if I don't get a response (after couple of days), I will dispute the charge on my CC. Then, they called me to tell me that it will ship in 1-3 business days (this was over Memorial Day). After 3 business days, then I got the run around and couldn't speak with anyone so I left a 1 star on the FB review. That's when I got more communication about the 2 weeks thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X