Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

X7V2 - Windows 10 - Discussion/Problems/Experiences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X7V2 - Windows 10 - Discussion/Problems/Experiences

Hi everyone,

Thought I would start a thread for any X7V2 owners who are running (or are thinking about running) Windows 10 on their laptop.

I have just finished a clean install of windows 10 on mine and I am currently going through and installing drivers/programs etc so I will post here my experiences and encourage everyone to do the same so that if there are any issues we can quickly bring them to the attention of Aorus or help each other :-)
    Laptop: Aorus X7V2 (Upgraded by Aorus from V1)
    Primary Monitor: Phillips BDM4065UC/75 (40" 4K@60hz)
    Auxilary Monitors: 2 x BenQ GL2460HM (24" 1080p)
    1 x AOC M2870VQ (28" 1080p)
    Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech M570

Find any issues so far?

Comment

I don't want to upgrade just yet, but my system keeps failing the windows 10 download/install process with error 80240020 and 80246010.
      Last edited by Patrick; 08-06-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        I don't want to upgrade just yet, but my system keeps failing the windows 10 download/install process with error 80240020 and 80246010.
        I had the same issue with every PC I have tried to upgrade. If you do want to upgrade and you're getting those errors, download the Windows 10 media creation tool with the link below. Using that tool, I have been able to upgrade with no problems.

Comment

I'm typing this on a freshly done Windows 10 upgrade on my X7V2-CF3. I've only encountered one issue through the whole process. The Bluetooth wasn't working (Error Code 43). I uninstalled the driver completely, and then scanned device manager for hardware changes, windows 10 put the correct driver in place and all is well.

Edit: : I didn't download the update and then install. I had already made a USB using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool that Svnyster linked to above.
          Last edited by Timmer74; 08-06-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmer74 View Post
            Find any issues so far?

No Issues really, well none that I can attribute directly to windows 10. All drivers are now installed and everything seems to be as it should. I'm having activation issues with windows 10 itself but from my own research it seems to be a problem at Microsoft's end so I'll just wait and let that play out.

General Update:

Otherwise the only 'issue' so far is that for some reason my Ethernet connection isn't behaving, but I am confident it's more to do with my home network than the laptop or windows 10, just waiting for an opportunity to test it on another network to confirm the issue is my network. WiFi is working perfectly.

Overall it seems to be running at least as well as windows 8.1 for daily use, I have noticed some screen tearing when using chrome browser but i would imagine that will be fixed in the next few chrome updates.

I am yet to reinstall my games to test graphics performance for myself but from what I have read there are only minor improvements unless the game or software is utilising the new direct X stuff.

For reference for those yet to update, my process was activated Windows 8.1 Pro -> Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro -> Confirmed Windows 10 activation -> Full format and clean install of Windows 10 Pro using a USB created with the Media Creation Tool

Also, I would recommend having at least your WiFi and Ethernet and RAID drivers on a USB ready to install on first boot as Windows 10 didn't have internet connectivity out of the box without them in my case. Depending on how thoroughly you like to format things Windows may need the Raid drivers for installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Svnyster View Post

I had the same issue with every PC I have tried to upgrade. If you do want to upgrade and you're getting those errors, download the Windows 10 media creation tool with the link below. Using that tool, I have been able to upgrade with no problems.
              I know this is for a fresh install, but is this also useful for regular upgrading?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post

I know this is for a fresh install, but is this also useful for regular upgrading?

The tool can both upgrade the computer you open it on or create an installation media (either USB or ISO for disc). however you will need to upgrade once to windows 10 and let it activate before attempting a clean install :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ajgftw View Post

The tool can both upgrade the computer you open it on or create an installation media (either USB or ISO for disc). however you will need to upgrade once to windows 10 and let it activate before attempting a clean install :-)

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X