Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

Aorus X5V6 battery life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aorus X5V6 battery life

Recently, the battery life for my X5 dropped to around 1.5 hour idle on balanced mod with medium OC and a normal fan speed. I used to get around 3 hour downloading. In the past few day I go to eat dinner at 100% battery and came back 1.5 to 2 hour later it only have 10% left. This is amount of degradation within one month is insane. This is something I just noticed in the last two day And I will do some testing to get specific data over the weekend.

I think it's far more likely that there's something running in the background using cpu/gpu. Try running 'powercfg /batteryreport' and take a look at the rusults as that should tell you the original and current (last full charge) capacity of the battery.

Comment

The battery itself is fine, 94mWh as designed. But the battery life is dropped significantly since December. The estimated battery life was well beyond 3 hr in November and it dropped to sub 2 hr since December 3rd. I can't figure out why as the usage as stuff is normal.

Comment

Is it using the integrated graphics or the 1070?

Comment

All V6 product can't run a integrated GPU becaus G-sync

Comment

Although v6 products can't run on the iGPU, it's not because of G-Sync, but simply because Aorus chose not to include a MUX to switch between the dGPU and iGPU (along with a software or hardware switch to toggle the MUX), and instead only connected the dGPU. This is a huge bummer and will hopefully be corrected in v7 (I don't need the dGPU eating battery like when I'm trying to get work done on a plane).
            Of course, if you were to switch to the iGPU (via said MUX), you would not be able to use G-Sync until you switched back to the nvidia dGPU.

Comment

Working...
            X