Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

Please recommend different kinds of mechanical key switches gaming keyboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend different kinds of mechanical key switches gaming keyboards

I found a lot of different Cherry key switches on the internet, black, blue, brown, red and even green, gray, white....etc. And some said Cherry has at least 16 different switches.

Here I want to ask if you have any recommendations of full functionality gaming keyboard of each kinds of key switches?

Like my MEKA G-unit could be sort of full functionality gaming keyboard with Cherry Black.

There are a lot of Red designs, but I think AORUS THUNDER K7 is great!

Although the Blue switch is generally considered not for gaming. But it is soooo good for typing! In my opinion, Razer BlackWidow and CM Storm Trigger Blue can barely be gaming grade keyboards.

About Brown, it should be the one between Black and Red. Lighter than Black with a noticeable bump. But there is my question, i cannot find any gaming grade brown keyboard!!!

What I think a gaming grade keyboard should with lots of keys, such as media keys, macro keys, instant keys....no matter whether I will use them or not, a gaming keyboard should be MIGHTY!!!
    A gaming keyboard should be equipped with USB Hub and Headset/Mic socket. Should be with backlit; do not mix different types of switches in a keyboard, I really dont like that kind of design....

Hmmm..... so.... do any one has any recommendation of those kinds of keyboards?

In my opinion, Red is more good because it needs lower force to do keystroke. So It's more comfortable to long-time gamers.

Comment

I personally prefer black switch, It does feel stronger than red, but softer than Blue or green.

Comment

I go with cherry brown switches as they are loose like red but

Comment

I go with cherry brown switches as they are loose/fast like red, have a tactile feedback on the switch that you have pushed the key enough without getting double entries unless you want them, and also works well for typing without getting a lot of repeat characters. The o-rings also act like little shock absorbers to reduce fatigue and help to quite the keyboard if you are on a game and your wife is sleeping next to you.

Comment

The k7 should get some brothers, an RGB version across the board with different models supporting different types of cherry switches.

Comment

Originally posted by casio12tm View Post
              I found a lot of different Cherry key switches on the internet, black, blue, brown, red and even green, gray, white....etc. And some said Cherry has at least 16 different switches.

Here I want to ask if you have any recommendations of full functionality gaming keyboard of each kinds of key switches?

About Brown, it should be the one between Black and Red. Lighter than Black with a noticeable bump. But there is my question, i cannot find any gaming grade brown keyboard!!!

Hmmm..... so.... do any one has any recommendation of those kinds of keyboards?

Corsair makes a k70 with the brown switches...which is what I use. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengean...herry-mx-brown

Comment

Working...
              X