Announcement

Collapse

Notice

The AORUS forum currently has no moderator.
Please feel free to continue using the forum.
For urgent matters, please contact your nearest service center or visit the AORUS website: https://www.aorus.com/.
See more
See less

Aorus Graphics Engine Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aorus Graphics Engine Problems

Not sure if anyone else is having issues with the Aorus Graphics Engine. While running in the background it's constantly using around 20% cpu and causing my cpu idle temps to stay around 50C after I've gamed for a bit. With it running in the background my cpu (i7-7700k) was constantly running at 4500mhz. Closed the Aorus Graphics Engine program and no I have idle speeds 800mhz and idle temp of 28C while typing this. So in short with the Aorus Graphics Engine running my cpu was running idle at 4500mhz @ about 50C and with it disabled idle speeds/temps are 800mhz/28C. I am running a Corsair Hydro Series H90. I purchased it because I had assumed that my high temps were because the 7700k was to much for the hyper 212 evo that I had purchased so I boxed that back up and purchased the corsair h90.

Took a screen shot, after my first post I played one round in battlefield 1, part of the round with the aorus graphics engine disabled then I noticed the graphics card temp was getting hotter faster so I re-enabled the aorus graphics engine (I did this early in the match maybe after 5 -10minutes or so). This is about 10 minutes or so of idle time, notice my cpu clock, the aorus usage (between 16.8% and like 20.1%) and look at the idle temps. The second screenshot is from about 30 seconds after stopping the aorus graphics engine from running in the background.
    Last edited by DivineWrath; 03-11-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Can anyone from Gigabyte/Aorus confirm there is a problem with this or is there a fix for this issue which would allow me to keep control of the graphics card?

Comment

Uninstalled the Aorus Graphics Engine utility then re-installed and at first it appeared that the problem was fixed but after gaming for a brief amount of time and closing out the game the Aorus Graphics Engine Utility was backup to using around 20% of the cpu. I left it running for about 45 minutes and my cpu temps with the water cooler were staying around 47 to 50C. Closed out the AGE utility and the processor finally was able to go to idle speeds at which point the idle running temp dropped to 27C. Started the app back up and so far everything is good, setting at 26C but once I go into a game, play for a bit and then exit the game, I have to close the AGE utility manually to get temps and cpu idle speeds back to normal and normal idle temps and then click on the AGE utility to get it running again.

Comment

Ok so upon further testing it seems to be linked to Aorus Graphics Engine and Battlefield 1. Every time I play battlefield 1 and close out of the game the Aorus graphics engine keeps running using about 20% of my cpu and when it does this my temps drive up fairly high on the cpu and to counter act this I have to close out the AGE program and restart the program to get it to work normally.

Comment

@aorus-mkt

Comment

I hate to ask but is this a support forum? I thought that it was but I could have been mistaken.

Comment

Hi DivineWrath,

Apologies, we are having an integration here in the forum. I have forwarded your questions, I will get you an answer ASAP.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by AORUS-MKT View Post
                  Hi DivineWrath,

Apologies, we are having an integration here in the forum. I have forwarded your questions, I will get you an answer ASAP.

Cheers!
                  That's great thanks. You can add this to the list as well. Gigabyte app center updated some apps and now if I try to put the processor in eco mode it completely locks up the computer. If I manually push the eco button on the motherboard it completely locks up the computer as well. Figured I'd start all over from scratch again so I wiped the drives, re-installed windows 10 home 64 bit, re-installed all the gigabyte/aorus software and updated everything. After that I redownloaded my apps (still doing so now) and I am still having the exact same new problem. Also the rgb fusion app about 70% of the time won't load up.

Comment

DivineWrath, Thanks for your feedback on the AORUS Graphics Engine. We also did a quick test internally and found the same result. We've passed the issue to our software engineering team. Looking for an update from the team soon and will keep you posted when ready.

Comment

Originally posted by AORUS-GAMING View Post
                      DivineWrath, Thanks for your feedback on the AORUS Graphics Engine. We also did a quick test internally and found the same result. We've passed the issue to our software engineering team. Looking for an update from the team soon and will keep you posted when ready.
                      This is great news!!! I've been trying to not play BF1 to much as with that problem I don't want my processor temps to get to high! I was starting to think maybe I was the only one having this issue lol. I've got between $2,000 usd and $3,000 usd in this build (probably closer to $3k) so I've been over cautious with it!!
                      Last edited by DivineWrath; 03-21-2017, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AORUS-GAMING View Post
                        just downloaded and installed a newer dated version of the Aorus graphics engine from the aorus website and it to still has the problem with battlefield 1. I closed battlefield 1 out several minutes ago and it's keeping my cpu pegged 16 to 17% and my fans running at higher speeds. I am guessing that they didn't get to the issue and the new version is just modified to work with the newest cards that the aorus engine now supports???

Comment

Had anoth update today and the new Aorus Graphics Engine is still having issues. The attached screen shot was taken between 5 to 10 minutes after closing BF1. In the screen shot the AGE app was using 16% and at the time of closing it was closer to 19%.

Comment

I also have a problem with my new aorus 1080ti xtreme. With the aorus graphics engine 1.03ver I choose the OC mode to play any games like BF1 and DOOM, the game will crash in few minutes. But with gaming mode it will never happen. 6700k 4.2ghz ddr4 2400mhz 32g SeaSonic X-650 gigabyte Z170gaming5 @aorus-mkt

Comment

I can also confirm the problem with the Aorus Engine using WAY too much CPU during Battlefield 1. I am getting 9-18% CPU usage during gameplay of BF1 and it is causing my poor 4690K to experience massive framedrops when playing the game. As soon as I kill the task for the Aorus Engine, the game runs much smoother. Please fix it guys.

Thank you

GPU : Aorus 1080 Xtreme

Comment

Working...
                              X